As a leader on the frontlines of patient safety, there are a number of ways that you can engage and take an active role in the United for Patient Safety campaign and Patient Safety Awareness week. From taking a pledge for patient safety and sharing your expertise in our discussion forum to supporting through sponsorship, there are a number of ways you can show your stakeholders your commitment to this important issue.
- 1 First, sign up to get involved and join our email list.
- 2 Sign-In and Take the Pledge for Patient Safety.
- 3 Join the campaign Discussion Forum about patient safety issues.
- 4 Use or purchase the Campaign Materials at your facility to reach your patients and consumers.
- 5 Share how you or your organization is launching the campaign with a story and photos.
- 6 Become a Campaign Partner to show your support.
- 8 Use suggestions for social media messages you can send to help spread the word.
- 9 Tweet with the campaign hashtag
Download our report Free from Harm: Accelerating Patient Safety Improvement Fifteen Years after To Err Is Human.
Access Ask Me 3 which is a health literacy program designed to promote communication between health care providers and patients. Click here to learn more.
Download Safety Is Personal: Partnering with Patients and Families for the Safest Care, a report of the NPSF Lucian Leape Institute about the need for greater patient and family engagement.
Listen to a recent WIHI podcast; The Next Wave of Patient Safety” with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement's CEO, Derek Feeley and President Emeritus, Dr. Don Berwick.
Read IHI's latest White Paper: A Framework for Safe, Reliable, Effective Care
Listen to the replay of the March 2017 Patient Safety Awareness Week webcast titled The Voice of the Patient and the Public
Do you like this page?