As a leader on the frontlines of patient safety, there are a number of ways that you can engage and take an active role in the United for Patient Safety campaign and Patient Safety Awareness week. From taking a pledge for patient safety and sharing your expertise in our discussion forum to supporting through sponsorship, there are a number of ways you can show your stakeholders your commitment to this important issue.
- 1 First, sign up to get involved and join our email list.
- 2 Sign-In and Take the Pledge for Patient Safety.
- 3 Join the campaign Discussion Forum about patient safety issues.
- 4 Use or purchase the Campaign Materials at your facility to reach your patients and consumers.
- 5 Share how you or your organization is launching the campaign with a story and photos.
- 6 Become a Campaign Partner to show your support.
- 8 Use suggestions for social media messages you can send to help spread the word.
- 9 Tweet with the campaign hashtag
- Download our report Free from Harm: Accelerating Patient Safety Improvement Fifteen Years after To Err Is Human.
- Acquire Downloadable Slides to use as a foundation for discussions in your own organization about the report's 8 recommendations.
- Download Safety Is Personal: Partnering with Patients and Families for the Safest Care, a report of the NPSF Lucian Leape Institute about the need for greater patient and family engagement.
- Access Ask Me 3 which is a health literacy program designed to promote communication between health care providers and patients. Click here to learn more.
- Review the Universal Patient Compact with your team and patients.
Do you like this page?