Demonstrate your empathy with patients and your personal commitment to improving patient safety by wearing a patient gown – for a week or even a single day.
What to do:
1. Work with your colleagues or peers within health care to secure a patient gown. We suggest using a gown that has been well worn and may be ready for “retirement.”
2. Wear the gown throughout the week (or day) while in your place of work.
3. Have someone take a photo of you in the gown. Hold a sign that reads We are all patients #UnitedforPatientSafety #PSAW2016
4. Send us the photo and we will Tweet it, or Tweet it out yourself. You can also post it to our website here, http://www.unitedforpatientsafety.org/share_your_campaign_plans
5. Remember to use the campaign hashtags #unitedforpatientsafety and #PSAW2016, and tag @theNPSF in your post.
6. Send the photo and this message to your peers and challenge them to do the same.