Join Us on Social Media
- Patient Safety Awareness Week is March 11-17. Join us and IHI by being United for Patient Safety. Visit unitedforpatientsafety.org
- Do you believe every day is patient safety day? Then you need to be a part of the United for Patient Safety Campaign. Take the pledge, honor a loved one, and let’s make a difference. Visit unitedforpatientsafety.org
- Sharing Safety Is Personal, a report from the IHI/NPSF Lucian Leape Institute, about the importance of patient engagement as a means to improving patient safety, #PSAW18 http://bit.ly/NpsfLLISIP%20
- Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 11-17, United in Safety #ptsafety #psaw18 unitedforpatientsafety.org
- Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 11-17, learn what you can do about #ptsafety #psaw2018 http://bit.ly/pscampaign
- Honor a loved one + be #unitedforpatientsafety www.unitedforpatientsafety.org @TheIHI #PSAW18
- We are all patients #patientsafety #psaw18 @TheIHI
Stand with your patients. Wear a patient gown. Snap a pic.
Hospital leaders and administrators can step into the role of the patient by wearing a patient gown for Patient Safety Awareness Week between March 11-17, 2018 (or even just a day). Snap a picture in the gown, caption it “We are all patients” and share it on social media and the campaign website. By doing so, you show your patients you are standing with them in striving for patient safety and the reduction of harm. If you are posting it on social media please be sure to use the hashtags #patientsafety #psaw18 and tag @TheIHI.
Other creative ideas with patient gowns include:
- Make a video about your commitment to patient safety
- Hang a patient gown in your office or in meeting rooms to remind you and your staff why you do the work you do
- Send patient gowns to members of Congress and challenge them to wear the gown, snap a photo, and caption it with the same tagline “We are all patients.” Remind them to share their photos on social media and the campaign website.
Please be sure to use the hashtag #PSAW18 and tag @TheIHI.