There’s tons of information out there about using SARMs, but most of it is not very accurate or not very detailed. So in this easy but comprehensive guide, you are going to learn everything you need to know, about using SARMs for cutting, bulking, strength and recomping, and what the best SARMs stacks are to achieve this.
But more than that, you’ll also learn about the best SARMs Stack for females is, how to use these unlicensed drugs safely, how to dose them, and potential side effects to watch out for if your testosterone levels drop through the floor.
All that information packed in, plus you’ll also learn about the top four SARMs sellers online who sell 100% pure and guaranteed SARMs in powder, capsules, and liquid form for the best prices.
How SARMs Work
SARMs work by boosting signals in your body that tell you to strip fat or build muscle. They do this through their construction being exactly as the name suggests: Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators.
A bit like anabolic steroids they send messages to the androgen receptors in the body (testosterone is the most well-known of these), and modulate the messages sent to increase the body’s response.
But unlike anabolic steroids, they do this in a controlled and targeted way. So where an anabolic steroid is like hitting a kitten with a brick, SARMs are far more subtle in the way they target specific androgen receptors, depending on the one you use.
Put together, SARMs have the following general characteristics:
- Can dramatically bulk up lean muscle through faster and harder regrowth
- Can dramatically strip body fat
- Increase energy levels
- Can improve recovery times and decrease inflammation and strain
- SARMs have the ability to improve your mood and drive
- SARMs can significantly drop testosterone levels at the end of a cycle
One point I want to make here about SARMs though is that they are not a magic bullet. Even using the best SARMs Stack, you have to back that cycle of SARMs up with an incredible exercise routine. It has to be progressive, demanding, challenging, it has to push you to personal bests and beyond.
You will also have to back it all up with a great diet and cardio work. SARMs are fantastic, but they are not anabolic steroids, and unless you do some very hard work, the messages being sent to your body’s androgen receptors won’t be strong enough to dramatically change your physique alone.
How To Take SARMs
When it comes to taking SARMs you have three basic choices, each of which has benefits and pitfalls.
Loose powder SARMs pros and cons:
- The cheapest form of SARMs
- Very easy to take orally
- Less convenient and require scale to dose
SARMs capsules pros and cons:
- Very easy to get an exact dose
- Simple to transport and consume anywhere
- The most expensive way to take SARMs
SARMs liquid pros and cons:
- The affordable middle ground way of using SARMs
- very easy to take sublingually
- can be difficult to get the correct dose
SARMs Dosage Guide
Giving good advice on dosing SARMs is quite tough because everyone is different. On top of that, all the different types of SARMs out there require different dosage ranges as well, depending on their strength, how you respond to them, and the effects you want to achieve.
Let’s talk about the mildest SARM out there as an example. Ostarine is very tolerable and doesn’t suppress testosterone unless you take very high doses, usually 40 mg or more. So any dose below 40 mg is mostly safe, although if you’re starting out with SARMs the first time, I would go lower than that, 20 mg working up to 30 mg after a few weeks.
But then some of the newer and more potent SARMs like YK-11 require a far lower dose, often 10 mg or less. So dosing SARMs can be problematic, which is why we can only give ballpark dosage ranges when talking about specific SARMs, or SARMs stacks (where each individual dose will be lower because the total dose combined will be higher, and this will vary depending on whether they are true SARMs or not).
Best SARMs For Bodybuilding
So now you’ve had a bit of general prep about using SARMs for bodybuilding, let’s talk you through some of the most popular ones out there with quick SARMs reviews of the top six.
Ostarine is the original SARM, and it’s also the most tolerable and least potent. This means that most guys won’t require a PCT supplement when using it, unless you’re hammering doses of 30 mg or higher each day.
Ostarine has the following characteristics:
- It’s very tolerable and won’t require a PCT unless a high dose
- Ostarine is great for cutting fat and maintaining muscle
- It’s not good for building muscle
- The dosage range is between 10 mg and 50 mg (with most people taking around 30 mg per day)
- it’s a perfect SARM to test your tolerance at the start of your journey
LGD-4033 is very similar to Ostarine but significantly stronger in its effects at the same dose level:
- Excellent for stripping fat away quickly
- one of the best SARMs for weight loss
- Can also maintain and even grow muscle mass
- Great all-round cutting and recomping SARM
- 12 times more potent than Ostarine
So this is a great all-rounder, but you have to be careful with dosing. It has a relatively short half-life, so you will probably dose once per day. Doses are usually 10 mg or less.
MK-677 actually has two names, Nutrobal and Ibutamoren, which alongside its chemical alphanumeric name can cause some confusion.
It’s not actually even a true SARM. It works as a selective agonist of the secretagogue receptor, which is where it gets interesting. It’s the mechanism of action, therefore, is to influence growth hormone receptors, this increase in growth hormones leads to an increase in IGF-1, the hormone directly responsible for repairing and bulking up muscles
MK-677, therefore, has the following key characteristics:
- Can increase muscle mass dramatically
- Appetite and energy levels will increase significantly
- Muscle and bone density will be improved
- Doses are in the range of 10 mg through to 25 mg daily
- Does not suppress testosterone
If you’re looking for the classic bulking SARM, then S-4 Andarine forms one of the trios alongside RAD-140 and YK-11. It’s, without doubt, one of the best SARMs for bulking.
However, it does have a reputation that is not great amongst bodybuilding communities who use SARMs because a very small number of people have had their vision affected by it. But this appears through anecdotal evidence only to have happened to people who have gone crazy with using high doses. As long as you stick to the ranges recommended here, you won’t have that problem:
- S-4 is perfect for incredible muscle gains
- Muscle mass will increase and also be harder
- It is highly suppressive to testosterone
- It’s a modern and more powerful SARM
- Normal dosage is around 10 mg up to a sensible ceiling of 25 mg daily
RAD-140 is amongst the most modern of SARMs that has ever been developed, however, that also has the downside that there is absolutely no human trial data that can be used to look at side effects or dosing.
It has a very strong anabolic effect which dramatically improves muscle mass in record time. Put together, you getting a very potent SARM, but one that needs to be treated with great respect:
- Lean muscle gains are rapid and dramatic
- Repaired muscle mass is harder
- Increases energy levels
- Does significantly inhibit testosterone production
- Has a short half-life that can require twice per day dosing
- Dosage should be low, kept between 5 mg and 10 mg per day
Last on the list is Cardarine, probably the best SARM for cutting. It’s not actually a true SARM at all, which is why it doesn’t require a PCT supplement, you literally will not lose testosterone using it.
- It works by stimulating protein receptors in the body. This dramatically improved bioavailability of glucose, which helps the body to create more and better muscle tissue:
- Cardarine is superb for burning fat
- Created muscle will be harder and more defined
- Glucose increases help boost energy levels and focus
- Increases resilience of muscle tissue
- Has a very short half-life so requires twice daily dosing
- Daily dose between 7 mg and 20 mg on average
Best SARMs For Cutting [Stack]
So now you understand a bit more about how the different SARMs work in the body through detailed SARMs reviews, let’s look at the most popular SARM stacks, beginning with the best SARMs Stack for cutting:
- MK-2866 @ 10 mg for three weeks, then 20 mg for five weeks
- GW-501516 @ 10 mg for two weeks, then 20 mg for five weeks
- Total cycle length is eight weeks
- PCT supplement may be needed for some people
- The gap between cycles should last 4-6 weeks
This is a simple stack that really helps to cut fat, using two SARMs that are perfect for the purpose. Ostarine sends messages to cut fat, and it also protects lean muscle even in a calorie deficit situation.
At the same time Cardarine is improving your energy levels, helping you to burn more fat, and power through your exercises, toning up and even increasing muscle mass alongside that tone.
Best SARMs For Bulking [Stack]
Let’s now move from cutting to bulking, by looking at the best SARMs for bulking put together in a simple but effective stack:
- Andarine S4 @ 15 mg per day for three weeks, then 20 mg per day for three weeks
- RAD-140 @10 mg per day for three weeks, then 15 mg per day for three weeks
- MK-677 @ 10 mg per day for three weeks, then 15 mg per day for three weeks
- A PCT (SERM) supplement will be needed
- Cycle length is six weeks but could be pushed to 8 after your first
- Always keep the gap between cycles around six weeks to fully recover T levels
You will definitely need a PCT supplement using this bulking stack. You will also need to work hard, really pushing your personal best to get the most out of it. But if you do, I’m telling you that you will pack on incredible amounts of lean muscle in just one cycle.
Best SARMs For Strength [Stack]
The purpose of the SARMs stack isn’t just to build strength, it’s also using SARMs for bulking as well, so it’s a combo stack that helps to move you into bulking up. The progression from the stacks I’m putting here, the one I did, was cutting, strength, and then bulking, but I put it after bulking because some people prefer to just build the strength as the bulk.
The best SARMs Stack full-strength that I have ever used is:
- LGD-4033 @ 15 mg per day
- YK-11 @ 15 mg per day
- GW-501516 @ 20 mg per day
- Eight week cycle
- Six week gap
- You will need a PCT supplement during the gap
You’re going to have to work hard with this one. As you now know, Cardarine fuels your muscles and really helps you to push on through with your exercise routine. But you are going to have to do that work to build the strength of your muscles up and increase your stamina.
With this stack though, the key thing is to make sure your progress is smooth. If you go too fast then your increase in energy can outstrip the ability of your body to cope, which can lead to muscle and skeletal injuries.
My Favourite SARMs For Recomping
Recomping is basically just a name for cutting and bulking at the same time. Your stripping fat, at the same time as you toning up, basically rebalancing your body to get it ready the push into major bulk and tone work.
But more than that, a good recomping program will also build strength and stamina, so it’s a bit of an all-rounder that some people use in the beginning to work on those three key areas.
This classic recomping stack consist of the following:
- Cardarine GW-501516 @ 20 mg
- LGD-4033 Lingadrol @ 20 mg
- MK-2866 Ostarine @ 20 mg for four weeks and then 30 mg for four weeks
- Eight week SARMs cycle
- Six week gap between cycles
- You may need a PCT but not everyone does use this stack
This is a great cycle and stack for burning fat, building muscle, protecting your gains, building up strength, and helping your body to recover faster as well. Just take it slow and steady, and make sure you push yourself with cardio work as well, as that also builds your stamina and burns fat while still allowing you to recover your muscles.
Best SARMs For Females [Stack]
Almost everything you read online talks about muscle growth and talks about it in relation to men, so it’s little wonder that a lot of female bodybuilders don’t even realize that SARMs can be used by women as well.
Part of the problem is that every place that talks about SARMs, every online store, and resource, shows SARMs before and after photos with men, it’s very rare to see women.
But the truth is that women can benefit from SARMs, and a good SARMs stack for females will help to significantly tone, and burn fat. Obviously, you don’t want to bulk up with muscle, you want to retain that feminine shape, and SARMs are fantastic for doing that.
This is a classic Stack for women to try:
- LGD-4033 @ 5 mg per day
- MK-2866 @ 10 mg per day
- SR-9009 @15 mg per day
- Cycle length is eight weeks
- Six week gap between cycles
- No PCT supplement is required for women
Notice the use of a SARM I haven’t mentioned previously, SR-9009 Stenabolic. It’s great for boosting stamina and burning fat while maintaining muscle tone. Stack that with the other two SARMs here and you’ve got a fantastic combo for dramatic fat burning and incredible toning, without significantly increasing your muscle mass.
Using Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) Supplements
So if you’re male, and you are using pretty much any of the stacks we’ve talked about here, then you’re going to have to consider the use of PCT supplements.
Post cycle therapy is crucial because it can lift your testosterone levels back to your baseline, and even improve them. Significant testosterone drop can cause the following serious problems:
- Drop-in mood and potentially depression
- Lack of sex drive
- Lack of physical strength and endurance
- Lack of happiness
- Inability to sleep and perform
- Can increase estrogen levels
- Increased estrogen can produce man breasts and other problems
As you can see, lifting your testosterone levels post cycle is crucial. You can even use PCT supplements on the cycle, but I wouldn’t really recommend continuing the cycle if you are having to use a PCT supplement to try and drag your testosterone levels kicking and screaming back up to normal. You could do yourself long-term damage to your body’s ability to produce testosterone.
It’s better to stop the cycle immediately and go straight into at least four weeks post cycle therapy. There are two main PCT supplements that are used:
- Nolvadex is the mildest. It’s a SERM, a selective estrogen receptor modulator that has the ability to block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, and also in men to provoke the production of higher levels of testosterone.
- Clomid is a far more aggressive SERM. For some men, it may be too aggressive and unneeded for a lot of the weaker SARMs and stacks. If you’re doing a strong bulking stack of SARMs and you can feel your T levels are dropping like a stone though then Clomid is definitely the answer.
SARMs Before And After Photo Warning
Before I move on to where to buy SARMs for cutting, bulking, and recomping, I just want to talk about those SARMs before and after photos that you’ll see.
Most of the time those photos are fakes or are just there for illustrative purposes. Nobody believes them anyway, so what’s the point in putting them up? Unless you know that person well, you know that they are telling the truth, nobody believes those before and after photos.
Truthfully, the only way to find out how effective SARMs really are is to use them for yourself. But just remember you will not get those fantastic results unless you hit your peak quickly and keep it there for the length of the SARMs cycle.
Where To Buy SARMs
Surprisingly, just as hard as actually doing a cycle SARMs, is finding 100% pure SARMs from a reliable seller in the first place.
A lot of SARMs are really poor quality, and it’s been found in some informal studies and analysis that SARMs for sale are often not pure, and contain things like prohormones and even anabolic steroids.
It’s crucial that you get the real deal. It’s getting even harder though, as one of the countries that manufacturers SARMs, China, actually banned the production of them at the end of 2019. Although they are still made there illegally, it doesn’t help with quality problems.
With so many SARMs sellers becoming unreliable or disappearing completely, I’ve been on the search recently for a third company that is reliable to buy SARMs from. It’s actually taken me three months of experimentation. I’ve updated this article to cut out the two SARMs sellers I previously bought from because they no longer sell SARMs.
Rats Army fit all the tick boxes I’ve put in place as a benchmark of quality:
- They sell all the main types of SARMs you will need (eight)
- Purity is very high and guaranteed
- Independent verified third-party lab reports for each product
- Wide range of peptides
- They also sell modern prohormones
- Fast shipping
- Growing online user reputation
Pricing is good. I’ll be honest and tell you that SARMs prices have gone up by about one-third since the start of 2021.
That’s because of the Chinese SARMs ban. It’s more difficult to source them now, and so prices are higher.
You’ll pay around $60 for good-quality liquid SARMs now. Rats Army actually works out slightly cheaper than that, around $51 – 55 than flavored SARMs, and slightly higher the much more palatable flavored liquid versions.
As an example, you can buy Cardarine for $51 unflavoured, and $55 flavored. It’s dosed at 20 mg/mL, in a 30 mL dropper bottle. What I love about these guys as they also sell a growing range of peptides. This includes BPC-157 and TB-500. Again, just like the SARMs, purity is high and guaranteed. With peptides you have to inject them, so it’s even more crucial that the purity and standards are high.
Add to all that the fact that Rats Army sells nootropics as well, meaning you can get that mental clarity and focus alongside the bodybuilding supplements that will give you the physical results, and I hope you can see that rats army is a “one-stop-shop” SARMs and supporting supplements, something I love.
Third, on my list of SARMs reviews is Swiss Chems. They are based in the USA but do ship globally. You’ll get domestic free shipping, a comprehensive 100% moneyback guarantee, and every product is backed up by that all-important third-party independent lab testing report on the product page.
I’ve used these guys loads, and the SARMs are definitely 100% pure, and always brilliant quality. More than that though, they also sell PCT supplements, including Clomid and Nolvadex, something none of the other SARMs sellers do. So you can get everything you need in one order, rather than having to shop around. In terms of pricing, 38 capsules of Ostarine, each dosing 10 mg, will cost you $75.95. Far more expensive than liquid, but simply the most convenient way of accurately dosing SARMs wherever you are.
This is going to be number one on most people’s lists of places to buy 100% pure SARMs at the best price and quality guaranteed.
Those lab test reports are right there on the product pages, telling you that they have been independently lab tested for purity, and pricing is really good as well. They sell powders and liquids, but I’m going to focus on the liquid SARMs here because it’s just so much easier to use them.
They sell all the main types of SARMs, all the ones I’ve talked about in this guide to the best SARMs stacks, and some of the rarer types. Let’s take an example, the widely available LGD-4033.
300 mg, at a concentration of 10 mg/mL costs just $40. That’s a lot of doses for a very low price. And that’s the same with all the SARMs that they sell. So you can put together a really good SARMs stack for cutting, bulking, or recomping, with enough for a couple of cycles, all for a couple of hundred dollars.
SARMs Sellers I Do *NOT* Recommend Buying From
I want to quickly talk to you know about the SARMs sellers I don’t recommend you buy from.
I have purchased from all three of these companies in the past. However, I don’t recommend them anymore simply because the quality and trust have gone downhill, based on everything I have read online recently.
- Umbrella Labs is the first company I would make you wary of. They used to have a good reputation and sold good quality SARMs at fair prices. I purchased SARMs, peptides, and nootropics from them for a couple of years. I was really happy until I noticed after my last SARMs stack that I had barely made any progress and actually felt quite sick. I looked online and found a few other people on Reddit saying the same thing. One guy had even gone to the lengths of getting an independent lab near him to test. They returned the fact that it wasn’t exactly what was stated on the label. Now I don’t know how true that is, but for me that destroyed my trust. Also, their prices are about $10 higher than any of the companies I currently recommend.
- Chemyo looked a great deal to me. They sold 50 mL dropper bottles of good quality and strength SARMs. However, I stopped buying from them when I became suspicious of the doses. Again, it is anecdotal, but I’ve seen other people online saying the same thing. I don’t think the doses stated on the bottles are the strength of the doses you get. True or not, that destroyed my trust and I can’t recommend them to you.
- PureRawz other third SARMs companies are not recommending anymore. Great website, good range of SARMs including some of the lesser-known peptides and SARMs. However, again, it’s the purity and dosing I’m suspicious. I’ve seen quite a lot online which has led me to think that they aren’t dosing at the levels they claim. When there are so many SARMs sellers out there with good reputations and verified dosing, I just don’t see the point in discussing and recommending companies I am suspicious of.
SARMs Sellers No Longer In Business
I see a lot of people still mentioning SARMs companies online that I know went out of business ages ago. Let me explain why they have gone out of business.
At the end of 2020, China banned the manufacturer and export of SARMs, encouraged by the USA who were looking for a backdoor way of banning SARMs without legislation.
They banned them in exchange for trade deals from the USA. So you as you can see, the USA was just trying to ban them by the back door. This led to a crisis in the SARMs selling industry. They couldn’t get the supplies cheaply and easily from China. That meant prices went up, quality went down, and the people without connection struggled.
There were also some SARMs being made in the USA, but prices went so high that they couldn’t be sold by retailers reasonably.
So now, only companies with the connections in China to get around the ban, or with the contact to source SARMs either domestically or through Asia/Eastern Europe are still thriving.
Proven Peptides were a big player for a while in the SARMs market. You still see people recommending them online. For the avoidance of doubt, they no longer trade. In fact, they just shut their doors and still the money of everyone who had outstanding orders.
SARMs 4 You have also ceased trading. This was another company I recommended, and I know a lot of other people relied on it. This was especially the case in Europe, where it was more difficult to obtain SARMs. They sold from a warehouse in Europe as well as one in the USA.
The last company is Secret SARMs. Another big seller, they have now gone by the wayside as well. You’ll still see people recommending them online, which is crazy as they went bust months ago.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do SARMs work?
SARMs don’t all work the same. Some are anabolic, meaning that they mimic testosterone and interact with androgen receptors in muscle and bone tissue. The net effect of which is to muscle, and expend more energy.
However, not all SARMs are androgenic in effect. SR-9009, GW-501516, and MK-677 are three examples of drugs classified as SARMs which definitely do not have an anabolic effect, and work in a completely different way in the body.
What does stacking SARMs mean?
When we talk about stacking SARMs, all we are talking about is taking more than one at the same time. So rather than taking just Ostarine to cut fat, you could be taking Ostarine alongside Caradarine for energy, so you burn more fat.
Which means that there is actually nothing wrong with stacking SARMs, and it is a simple as putting two or three together that complement the effects you want (bulking, cutting, or maintenance) and then taking them alongside each other for the length of the cycle.
Just make sure that you are careful with dosing with the SARMs stacks. You want to be taking significantly less of each than the standard dose individually, because the overall dose will be higher, especially if they are androgenic SARMs are stacking up those testosterone suppressing effects.
How do you combine SARMs?
The term for combining SARMs is stacking. Stacking is simply taking more than one type at the same time, as you get complimentary effects. Usually this is used for bulking, cutting, or maintenance.
When you combine SARMs by stacking them, usually looking to enhance one effect. So if it’s bulking, you’re going to put together a couple of SARMs which are good for bulking, and another for energy. One of those bulking SARMs would be androgenic, something like RAD-140, then you do something which wasn’t androgenic like YK-11, and back it all up with something like Cardarine or Stenabolic which can deliver a massive increase in energy and endurance.
How bad are SARMs?
SARMs aren’t bad as long as you use them correctly. They aren’t like anabolic steroids which have androgenic effects around the body, they are highly targeted the effects they have. As long as you are sensible, you won’t have problems.
SARMs only bad if you take the androgenic ones like RAD-140, YK-11 and LGD-4033, and you take them at high doses. Even worse, if you stack more than one together.
However, as long as you mix androgenic SARMs with ones that don’t work in the same way (things like Cardarine and Stenabolic), keep your doses lower than you use them individually, and you make sure that you use a PCT supplement at the end of the SARMs cycle, then you should never really have any androgenic problems using SARMs.
Which SARM is the strongest?
There are several SARMs which are strong, and it’s also very much dose dependent. I can’t just say one type be stronger than the others, because if you took one at 10 mg and the other one at 50 mg, then it could be totally different.
However, in terms of the SARMs which anecdotally into limited studies, have the highest androgenic effects, RAD-140 and S-23 other two which are the most potent. Just below those are Ligandrol and YK-11 (although there is some debate about whether that’s androgenic in its effects or not, although it does appear to me to be very close to a steroid in structure, and in the way that it works).
Is RAD-140 stronger than steroids?
RAD-140 can be stronger than steroids, but it’s all about the dose you take. If you are taking an average dose of steroids compared to an average dose of Testolone then no, it’s not stronger than steroids.
However, at a higher dose it can be stronger than an average dose of steroids. An average dose of RAD-140 is around 10-15mg per day. So we are talking 20 mg, or even 25 mg per day, then yes it could be stronger than most steroids.
I’ll add to that that YK-11 and S-23 are also very potent, possibly more potent than RAD-140, which means that they are also in the same ballpark for being stronger than steroids at slightly stronger than average doses.
Does Ostarine show up in a urine test?
Yes, Ostarine will show up in a urine test. However, it’s important to understand two things.
Firstly, even regular Ostarine use would be undetectable after around 10 days from your last dose.
Secondly, only a drug test that’s been commissioned to specifically look for SARMs would be able to spot Ostarine or any other SARM, which is very unlikely.
Does Ostarine burn fat?
Ostarine definitely does burn fat. It’s not entirely clear what its mechanism of action is, but studies on rats have shown Ostarine tells the body to not touch your muscle reserves even when you are in a calorie and energy deficit. So it protects your gains and gets your body to burn into the fat reserves which are usually left until last.
Ostarine isn’t the most effective at doing this, Ligandrol and Andarine are structurally very similar, and have similar cutting effects. If you’re looking for the mildest way to get into SARMs that cut, then a good dose of around 30 or 40 mg of Ostarine can help you to protect your gains while burning more fat.
Do SARMs need PCT?
Anabolic SARMs that have an androgenic effects in the body do require the use of a PCT supplement like Nolvadex or Clomid.
S-23, LGD-4033, RAD-140, S-4, and possibly YK-11, can have an effect on testosterone levels, lowering your natural production. You would therefore require a PCT supplement at the end of a cycle of SARMs using any of these.