In this five-minute guide, I’m going to quickly tell you everything you need to know about using detox drinks for drug tests. You’ll learn exactly how detox drinks work if you can buy specific detox drinks for THC, how to use a detox drink, and which detox drinks work.
But more than that, I’m going to give you a couple of top tips that will really help you to make using a detox drink more effective, alongside offering you an alternative you might want to consider instead, or as a backup plan should the detox drink not work.
How Detox Drinks Work
So let’s start by quickly telling you how detox drinks work. When you drink the detox drink it flushes out the toxins in your bladder. Leaving your bladder clear. You could technically do that with water, although it wouldn’t do it as effectively.
If you use water or another liquid, it would leave your urine unbalanced, not natural. They would do a validity test when you hand the sample over, and it will fail.
A detox drink is specially formulated to flood your body with things found in urine. For example, a good detox drink contains a lot of creatine. This is converted in the body to creatinine, a waste product always found in urine. If you just flush your body out with water, you wouldn’t find that creatinine.
Now that all sounds great, you have perfectly balanced urine free of toxins even though your body has them racing around your bloodstream at that very moment.
However, this utopia only lasts for a few hours. Usually five at most from the time you started drinking the drink. If you’re a really chronic user and you don’t do a natural detox at all, it could be three hours or less clean. So you need to drink that drink, urinate several times, and then get the test sample submitted as quickly as possible.
Are There Specific Detox Drinks For THC?
The big myth I want to smash to bits right here is the idea that you can buy specific detox drinks for THC.
Just like other drug toxins, THC toxins rush around your bloodstream and then exit the body through your bladder and bowels mostly.
So a detox drink that works for THC will work for cocaine metabolites, it will work for opiate medication metabolites, it will work for anything. There is no specific detox drink for weed that you should buy, you see something marketed that way, it’s a red flag.
Top Tip: Do A Natural Detox
Although a detox drink is a really easy way to pass a drug test, you can dramatically increase your chances of passing by doing a natural detox before the day.
Even 48 hours will be enough to flush out loads more toxins. Just abstain from taking drugs and live healthily. Drink plenty of water, eat small meals, plenty of vegetables, plenty of fiber.
Doing that will give your body time to flush out more toxins, leaving the detox drink fewer toxins to deal with on the day, and mean there are less in your body, giving you a longer window of opportunity once you’ve flushed them out of your bladder.
Detox Drink Instructions
Detox drink instructions are always pretty straightforward. The best ones never require you to use additional water, that’s always a sign of a poor quality detox drink that needs additional help, even when it’s a full 32 fluid ounce bottle.
- Drink the contents of the bottle for about 15 minutes.
- Urinate several times. Three times in the hour after you finished drinking the drink is recommended.
- Go and submit your sample. Try and do this within a couple of hours of drinking the drink, or as soon after you’ve finished going to the toilet three times as possible.
Top Tip: Use Home Drug Test Kits
A top tip for me is to use home drug test kits. Once you’ve drunk the detox drink and urinated, how do you know you’re going to test negative?
So always buy cheap home drug test kits and test yourself during your third urination, as that should be clean. If it’s not, wait until you need to go again, and then do another one. It is still not negative, panic.
But at least you will know if you are clean or not, and for a few dollars outlay, it’s gold dust advice.
Have A Back-Up Plan In Place
So what happens if you do that home drug test kit and you test positive when you have to leave in 30 minutes?
Well, you have two options:
- Use another detox drink
- Submit a fake sample using synthetic urine
So for me, if you really want to use detox drinks to pass a drug test, then you need to probably buy 2 to make sure, especially if you are a chronic weed smoker. If you are only doing drugs times a week, you should never face this scenario, especially if you do a 48 hour detox.
If you’ve got 30 minutes before you leave, simply drink the second detox drink quickly, and then try and urinate once before you leave, and once before you submit the test, that should be enough.
If you haven’t got a second detox drink, drink another 8 fluid ounces of water and urinate again. That at least gives you some chance of submitting a sample that hasn’t got metabolites in it, but obviously far less chance.
But a far better and safer option is to use synthetic urine. Clear Choice Sub Solution is actually my method of choice for passing a drug test.
That way doesn’t have to worry about issues with the detox drink failing, and you don’t need to do a natural detox either. Especially if you are caught out at short notice, synthetic urine is a great option.
Even if you haven’t got the guts to submit one straight out, then if the detox drink fails, then your guts are going to have to get strong enough to use synthetic urine instead. So for me, always get yourself 1-2 detox drinks and some home drug test kits, and some synthetic urine just in case.
So Do Drug Detox Drinks Work?
Do detox drinks work? Well, as I think this quick guide is shown, they do have a risk element to them. But if you do the 48 hour detox, you’re not a chronic user, and you get lucky, then I’ll say you’ve got above 90% chance of passing using a detox drink.
Your chances will improve if you use one of the high-quality detox drinks as well, I’m going to recommend 3 to you in a moment. You can also increase your chance of detox drinks working by increasing the potency of the 24-48 hour detox you should do before the day of your test.
Not only will doing that detox makes the job of the drink easier, but you can increase its potency by using detox pills.
Toxin Rid does one and two-day courses of pills. They aren’t that expensive, and they will push out far more toxins than your body can naturally. A 48 hour course of Toxin Rid, alongside a high-quality detox drink, is going to give you a virtually guaranteed chance of passing.
Top 3 Best Detox Drinks For A Drug Test
The best drug detox drinks I’ve ever found are the following three. They are suitable to use as detox drinks for THC, or any other type of metabolite.
None of them are cheap, but all of them have a great track record with people I know, and from information online that’s allowed me to build up a picture of the truth around these products.
- Rescue Cleanse is a tried and tested formula that’s been around for several years. It’s made by Clear Choice which is one of the most reputable companies out there in the drug test evasion industry. Clear Choice also makes Sub Solutionthe best brand of synthetic urine. So you could buy synthetic urine and Rescue Cleanse from their website, and they also sell home test kits. Rescue Cleanse instructions are straightforward as I explained earlier on. No additional water is needed, you simply drink, urinate, and then go and submit your sample. Rescue Cleanse costs about $55 from Clear Choice, and is a fantastic solution, especially if you do that 48-hour detox then its suitable for even the heaviest of smokers.
- Ultra Eliminex is a powerful new formula detox drink that has some great feedback online. I’ve also tested this myself using a home drug test kit about six months ago, without a detox beforehand, and I still tested negative, it’s that powerful. It’s the most expensive, costing up to $80-$90 unless you can get it on offer. However, it’s not the best detox drink around, if you are planning to use Ultra Eliminex I advise you to get home drug test kits and synthetic urine as a backup.
- Mega Clean is the third choice. You can get this locally, and it’s available in places like GNC, Walmart, mainstream retailers. But it’s not the most powerful solution, definitely not as powerful as my number one and two choices. It also costs quite a bit of money as well. So if you’re thinking of using Mega Clean, if you’ve got no notice of the drug test, then grab a bottle locally and you stand a better chance than with any other easily available detox drink. But if you’ve got time, you can buy Mega Clean online from Test Clear. If you do, you’ll get six of their powerful Toxin Rid pills bundled up free with it. This gives you in effect free 24-hour detox. So if you’ve got at least 24 hours notice, the number of toxins that these pills will push out will leave Mega Clean far less to do on the day of the test, making it just as good as the other two options I just recommended as great detox drinks for drug test success.