We all have a role to play in patient safety. As a consumer in the health care system, your voice matters. Lend your support and engage with the United for Patient Safety campaign and Patient Safety Awareness Week. From taking the pledge to support the role you play in patient safety to sharing campaign messages on social media, you can lend your support and help promote this important issue.
- 1 First, sign up to get involved and join our email list.
- 2 Sign-In and Take the Pledge for Patient Safety.
- 3 Share matters that are most important to you when it comes to talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
- 5 Help spread the word on Facebook & Twitter, using these helpful sample posts.
- 6 Share a memorial and honor someone who was harmed or died as a result of a medical error.
- Listen to the WIHI program, Who's Your Health Care Proxy, with speakers from the IHI's Conversation Project discussing how to choose a health care proxy and what resources are available to help.
- Visit the Conversation Project website for tools and resources to help you have conversations with loved ones facing complex medical conditions or end-of-life care decisions.
- View the Ask Me 3 video on health literacy program designed to promote communication between health care providers and patients.
- Download Myths and Facts about Diagnostic Errors for Patient and Families
- Print the Checklist for Getting the Right Diagnosis and review it with a family member
- Review the list 10 Things I Can Do Tomorrow; Reducing Diagnostic Error